Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Do you want to become a missionary?

Recently, a young woman heard me talking about what God is doing around the world and she asked me, "How can I become a missionary?"

She began to explain that she felt called by God to go full-time to the mission field but she did not know how to get started.

"If you want to become a full-time missionary, and live for a year or more on the mission field, I encourage you to get some training," I replied.

Several years ago, I was asked by Pastor Billy Joe Daugherty, pastor of Victory Christian Center in Tulsa, OK to be on the board of Victory World Missions Training Center. If you want to become a missionary, you should go through their one-year training program. You will learn how to minister cross culturally, how to learn a foreign language, techniques for effective outreach in foreign lands, plus you will learn how to share your vision and raise money.

As I thought about this woman's desire to become a missionary, I realized that other people who receive my e-mails may want to become missionaries too.

MISSIONARIES: Victory World Missions Training School is a great place to receive training if you want to become a missionary.

OTHER NATIONS: If you already live in a foreign country and want to learn how to be more effective in your ministry, you may want to consider VWMTC as a place for further training.

PASTORS: If there is someone in your church who wants to be a missionary, please consider sending them to this dynamic school before sending them out to the mission field.

For more information, check out their website at: http://www.victorymissions.com. For more information about attending the school, call: Reba Altizer at: 918-491-7630.

No comments:

Post a Comment