In two weeks we leave for a Soul Winning Festival in the city of Agere Maryam in the nation of Ethiopia. Would you help us lead the people of Ethiopia to Jesus by giving a significant financial gift this month?
I am excited about ministering to the people of Ethiopia because we are following the example of the first evangelist ever mentioned in the Bible. Here are some of the truths we can learn from Philip the evangelist.
1. The work of an evangelist is to preach Jesus! "Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them" (Acts 8:5). We also preach about Jesus everywhere we go. Can you imagine never hearing the name of Jesus before in your life? We preach about the miracles of Jesus, about how He died on the cross for our sins, and how He rose from the dead. We tell people they can meet Jesus for themselves. Our message is JESUS!
2. The preaching of God's word is followed by multitudes and miracles! "And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. For unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice, came out of many who were possessed; and many who were paralyzed and lame were healed" (Acts 8:6-7). We have seen amazing miracles in our services. The blind see, the lame walk, the deaf hear, and demons are cast out. When YOU help us make miracles happen for others, God will make miracles happen for YOU!
3. Great joy follows the evangelist. "And there was great joy in that city" (Acts 8:8). If you could join us for one of our festivals, you would see people dancing and smiling, and jumping up and down. There truly is great joy when Jesus is revealed. Check out videos of our festivals on www.kingministries.com to see the joy.
4. Evangelists must go where God sends them."Now an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, 'Arise and go toward the south along the road which goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.' This is desert" (Acts 8:26). God often sends evangelists to spiritual deserts. This is why we focus on hard-to-reach places of the world. God sends us to preach where no one else will go.
5. When evangelists obey, doors are opened to share the Gospel. "So he arose and went. And behold, a man of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace the queen of the Ethiopians, who had charge of all her treasury, and had come to Jerusalem to worship, was returning. And sitting in his chariot, he was reading Isaiah the prophet. Then the Spirit said to Philip, "Go near and overtake this chariot." (Acts 8:27-29). Philip the evangelist shared Jesus with this influential Ethiopian, and now we are called to minister to the people of Ethiopia. We leave for Ethiopia for another Soul Winning Festival in just a few days. Any financial gift you give this month will help us GO.
6. Evangelists are desperately needed. "So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?" And he said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?" (Acts 8:30-31). The need is URGENT. If we do not go, then WHO will tell them about Jesus? How can they understand unless someone explains? How can we go unless YOU help us?
7. When Jesus is preached, people get saved! "Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, "See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?" Then Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." (Acts 8:35-37). Our delight is to see people get saved! Our goal is lead 1,000,000 people to Jesus every year. YOU are such an important part of helping us make this dream come true.
YOU can help us reach people who have never heard. YOU can be responsible for helping us lead the lost to Christ. YOU can make a difference in Ethiopia, just like Philip the evangelist.