Monday, February 21, 2011

Child of God Returns Home

Tonight my sermon was on “The Prodigal Son.” I preached, “even if you are one thousand steps away from God, it is only one step back.” When I gave the altar call I asked everyone who was living away from God to come home to the Father’s house.

One man ran to the front and fell to his knees. He began to cry. As I knelt down beside him, I noticed that he reeked of alcohol. He was half drunk. He told me his name was Abraham. As we knelt together, he gloriously repented and cried out to Jesus for forgiveness.

A lady from a local church told me, “Everyone in the city knows Abraham. Many years ago, he used to pastor a church in this city. But then he fell away from God. Nowadays he is known as a public nuisance because he is always drunk.” The whole city was astonished to see the man who had once been a pastor, but then turned away from God, came home to the Father’s house.

After the service, Abraham told me God had also healed him. He said, “Three years ago, I was in an accident and my shoulder was injured. I started to drink alcohol to dull the pain. But, now the pain is gone. Jesus has healed me.” I prayed with him and told him that God wants to restore him completely.




No comments:

Post a Comment