We have an amazing opportunity to impact an entire nation. On July 20, 2013 our ministry will be part of one of the largest evangelism efforts in history. Eighteen evangelists will join hands together to do eighteen crusades in the capital cities of every state in Honduras. We are praying for the whole nation of Honduras to hear the Gospel in one day.
The President of Honduras has personally invited our team to come. The Legislature of Honduras recently passed a law declaring that the day of our outreach will be a national holiday. Eighteen containers of food (each one containing 650,000 meals) will be distributed. Medical teams will examine the sick for free. Over 2,000 missionaries will be visiting public schools across Honduras. The favor God has given us in Honduras is unprecedented.
Along with this opportunity comes a big challenge. How can we disciple the people who get saved at these outreaches? We are working closely with the local churches in Honduras to follow up on the new believers but we feel it is vital to put discipleship material in the hands of every person who gets saved.
That’s why we want to print one million books for the nation of Honduras.
One Million Books for One Million Souls
The book we plan to sow into the lives of new believers is called "Welcome to the New Honduras!” This book teaches the new believer the basics they need to know in order to live a successful Christian life.
Some of the topics the book covers include:
* God Loves You * You can be Healed
* Sin Separates us from God * You can be Filled with the Holy Spirit
* Jesus Died for Your Sins * You can Enjoy Abundant Life
* You can be Saved * You can have Faith in God
Why is it so important to invest in books?
1. Books help new believers grow spiritually. One of the challenges of every evangelist is to turn converts into disciples. How can a new believer grow from saying a salvation prayer into a strong follower of Jesus? One key to solving this problem is putting a book in the new believer's hands.
2. Books continue to preach the Gospel long after we have returned home. Books can go farther then I can go, stay longer then I can stay, and impact lives I can never reach. By giving away books, I am imitating God. Our heavenly father sent his Son (Jesus) for a season, but He left His book (the Bible) forever.
3. Book are often passed from hand to hand and read by many different family members and neighbors. After one of our Gospel festivals we did a survey and discovered an amazing fact. Each book that we gave away was read by an average of ten people. The population of Honduras is eight million people. By giving away a million books, we can potentially reach every household in the nation of Honduras.
How much does it cost to print a million books?
The cheapest place on the planet to print these books is in China. It will cost us $0.12 cents to print the books and another $0.02 to ship them across the ocean to Honduras. This means that for $0.14 we can put a book in the hands of a new believer in the nation of Honduras. In order to print and ship one million books, we need a total of $140,000.
$0.14 prints one book. $140 prints one thousands books.
$1.40 prints ten books. $1,400 prints ten thousand books.
$14 prints one hundred books. $140,000 prints 1,000,000 books.
It takes 6 weeks to print the books and another 8 weeks to ship them by container to Honduras. This means we need to have the money now in order to get the books to Honduras in time for the outreach. We need to hear from you in order to begin printing the books. The total cost to print 1,000,000 books is $140,000. I am asking God for 140 people to each give a gift of $1,000. Would you be one of the 140?
Think about it. For a gift of $1,000 you can impact 7,142 people with the Gospel. I need to hear from you RIGHT NOW so that I can release the books to print. It would be a great tragedy for even one new believer to leave the festival without receiving a book. Please, respond to this blog post today and help us print books.
P.S. Printing 1,000,000 books at one time is the biggest project our ministry has ever undertaken. But, think of the lives that will be changed. As the books get passed from person to person, the entire nation of Honduras will be changed forever. Would you be one of 140 people who will give $1,000 to help us print one million books for one million souls?