Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Honoring Oral Roberts


Today, December 15, 2009, Oral Roberts went to be with the Lord.

I will always remember hearing Oral Roberts speak. Few preachers are as dynamic or anointed as him. He often began by saying, "Something good is going to happen to you."

From Oral Roberts I learned about the importance of praying in tongues and listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit. I learned about the miracle of seed-faith. I learned that God is a good God and the devil is a bad devil.

Oral Roberts was a great example of a healing evangelist. He often told the story of how he was healed of tuberculosis as a teenager. God commanded him, "Take my healing power to your generation." He obeyed God and held meetings across the United States in his great gospel tent.

God told Oral Roberts, "Build Me a university; build it on My authority and on the Holy Spirit. Raise up your students to hear My voice, to go where My light is dim, where My voice is heard small and My healing power is not known. Go even to the uttermost bounds of the earth. Their work will exceed yours, and in this I am well pleased." I graduated from Oral Roberts University in 2002 and consider myself to be part of the fulfillment of this prophecy as Jessica and I take God's healing power to the nations of the world.

Several years ago, my family and I had the privilege of visiting Oral and Evelyn Roberts at their home in California. They graciously spent several hours with us.

As we were leaving I asked Oral a question, "What advice would you give me as a young minister?"

Oral looked deep into my eyes and replied with three simple words that I will never forget, "Daniel, obey God."

Obeying God,

Daniel King

No comments:

Post a Comment