Thursday, November 12, 2009

Do you have a passport?

Every believer should own a passport. How can you obey God’s command to go into all the world, unless you have the means of getting there?

Last week, at a church in Tennessee, I asked, “How many of you want to go on a mission trip someday.” The entire congregation raised their hands. Then I asked a follow-up question, “How many of you have passports?” Less than ten percent of the people replied in the affirmative. Everyone wanted to go, but few had taken the first step to be able to go. I told them, “If God gave you a fully paid, round-trip ticket to go preach in Africa tomorrow, most of you would not be able to take advantage of it. Before you can expect God to provide for you to go on a mission trip, you must take the first step and get a passport.”

When you take steps towards your vision, then God begins moving pieces into place for your provision.

So, do you have a passport?

1 comment:

  1. Last year, I remember getting a passport almost solely for this reason. Almost a year later to the day, I was copying the information over to my application for a trip to the Philippines with my church. So glad I did it ahead of time and had it ready to go!

    As a practical tip for people from the USA, late summer is an ideal time to apply for your passport. Everyone is done with summer travel and not cramming the passport office with applications. I got mine back in 10 days without requesting any special processing. However, you don't have to wait until September if you don't have any immediate travel plans. Doing it now will save you a nervous wait later!

    ReplyDelete