Thursday, December 15, 2016

Missions in the Old Testament - Genesis-2 Chronicles

Old Testament Verses About Missions
Genesis 3:15 - The Promised Redeemer would save all humankind.
Genesis 12:1-3 God said to Abraham, “…in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
Genesis 18:18 (NKJV) “Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him.”
Genesis 22:17-18 (NKJV) “blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”
Genesis 26:24 (NKJV) And the Lord appeared to him the same night and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham; do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you and multiply your descendants for My servant Abraham’s sake.”
Genesis 28:12-14 (NKJV) Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven; and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. And behold, the Lord stood above it and said: “I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
Exodus 9:14-16 (NKJV) for at this time I will send all My plagues to your very heart, and on your servants and on your people, that you may know that there is none like Me in all the earth. Now if I had stretched out My hand and struck you and your people with pestilence, then you would have been cut off from the earth. But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth. “purpose of the plagues”
Exodus 19:6 (NKJV) “And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.” One nation was called to be a priest-nation for every other nation.
Numbers 14:21 (NKJV) “…all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord.”
Deut. 4:6-8 The laws of Israel and their closeness to God were to be a sign to all other nations.
Deut 10:19 "You are to love those who are aliens"
Deuteronomy 28:10 (NKJV) Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord...”
Deuteronomy 32:1 (NKJV) “…Hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.”
Joshua 4:24 (NKJV) “that all the peoples of the earth may know the hand of the Lord, that it is mighty…”
1 Samuel 2:10 “…The LORD will judge the ends of the earth…"
1 Samuel 17:46 “…that all the earth will know that there is a God in Israel…”
1 Kings 8:41-43, 59-60 (also in 2 Chron. 6:32-33) so that all peoples of the earth may know your name" (Solomon's prayer at dedication of Temple)
2 Kings 19:15 Hezekiah prayed, “O LORD, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth.”
1 Chron. 16:23-24 “Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.”
1 Chron 16:28 “O families of nations, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.”
1 Chron. 16:31 “Let the earth be glad; let them say among the nations, the Lord reigns!”

2 Chron 6:32-33 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you.”