Saturday, December 17, 2016

Missions in the Old Testament - Ecclesiastes to Malachi

Ecclesiastes 3:11 “[God] has set eternity in the hearts of men.”
Isaiah 2:3 “Many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob.”
Isaiah 5:26 “He lifts up a banner for the distant nations, he whistles for those at the ends of the earth.”
Isaiah 6:3 “They were calling to one another: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”
Isaiah 11:9 “fill the earth with the knowledge of the Lord.”
Isaiah 11:10 “In that day a Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples, the nations…”
Isaiah 12:4 “Make known among the nations what He has done.”
Isaiah 24:6 “the Lord Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples.”
Isaiah 42:4 “in His law the islands will put their hope.”
Isaiah 42:6 “I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles.”
Isaiah 34:1 “Come near, you nations, and listen; pay attention , you peoples!”
Isaiah 37:16 “O Lord, Almighty…you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth.”
Isaiah 42:4 “He will not falter or be discourage till he established justice on earth. In his law the islands will put their hope.”
Isaiah 43:6 “I will say to the north, ‘give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.”
Isaiah 45:6 “from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me.”
Isaiah 45:22 “Turn to me…all you ends of the earth.”
Isaiah 49:6I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.”
Isaiah 49:22 “The Sovereign Lord says: “See, I will beckon to the Gentiles, I will lift up my banner to the peoples.”
Isaiah 57:7, 10 “The Lord will lay bare his holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.”
Isaiah 56:7 “my house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
Isaiah 59:19 “From the west, men will fear the name of the Lord, and from the rising of the sun, they will revere His glory.”
Isaiah 60:3 “Nations will come to your light!”
Isaiah 62:11 “The Lord has made proclamation to the ends of the earth.”
Isaiah 65:1 “I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.”
Isaiah 66:18-19 “They will proclaim my glory among the nations.”
Jeremiah 3:17 “All nations will gather in Jerusalem to honor the name of the Lord.”
Jeremiah 16:19 “To you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good.”
Ezekiel 36:22-23 “The nations will know I am the Lord”
Ezekiel 38:20 “All the people on earth will tremble at my presence.”
Daniel 2:47; 4:1-2; 6:25 “Surely your God is the God of gods.”
Daniel 7:13-14 (NKJV) I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.”
Jonah - the whole book is a missionary story.
Micah 1:2 “Hear, O peoples, all of you, listen, O earth and all you are in it.”
Micah 4:2 “Many nations will come.”
Micah 5:4 His greatness will reach to the ends of the earth.”
Habbakuk 2:14 “The earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the water covers the sea.”
Zephaniah 2:11 “Nations on every shore will worship him”
Zephanisah 3:9 “Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the Lord.”
Haggai 2:7 (NKJV)  “and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory, says the Lord of hosts. Jesus is the desire of all nations
Zechariah 2:11 “Many nations will be joined with the Lord in that day and will become my people.”
Zechariah 8:20-23 “Many peoples and inhabitants of many cities will come.”
Zechariah 9:10 “He will proclaim peace to the nations.”
Zechariah 14:9 “The Lord will be king over the whole earth.”

Malachi 1:10-11 “My name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun.”