Wednesday, October 12, 2016

What is the greatest question you have ever asked?

Perhaps you have asked yourself, “What is the meaning of life?” Or, “What should I accomplish with my life?” Perhaps you have faced a heartrending situation like a death in your family and you have cried out, “Why did this horrible tragedy happen?” These are important questions, but there are three vital questions that will shape how you answer all the other questions you ask in life.

Every person should answer these three vital questions to his or her own satisfaction. The way you understand life will be shaped by how you answer these questions. In this book, I will pose these three vital questions and explain how I answer them. After you finish this book, you can choose how you will answer the questions.  

The three questions that will form your philosophical viewpoint of life are:

1. Is there a God?
2. If there is a God, does He care about me?
3. If there is a God that cares about me, what should be my response to Him?

I am approaching these questions from a Christian worldview. I believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God. Later, I will give you some reasons why I believe in the Bible, but for now, it is sufficient for me to tell you that I believe in the Bible because of faith.

Amazingly, in one verse, the Bible anticipates and answers all three questions that I have posed. The verse is Hebrews 11:6,“Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”

This Bible verse tells us that:
           1.God exists.
           2.God rewards those who seek Him.
           3.We need to have faith in God.

These answers could be restated as:
            1. God is THERE.
            2. God does CARE.
            3. We must DARE to follow Him.