Wednesday, January 20, 2016

How do we know the Bible is the Truth?


How do we know the Bible is the truth? 

Here are six witnesses to the truth of God's word from one of my professors at seminary.

1. Internal Witness - The Bible says it is the truth.
2. Historical Witness - 2000 years of church history.
3. Universal Witness - The word works in every culture.    
4. Personal Witness - The Word has changed my life.
5. Spirit Bearing Witness - The Holy Spirit reveals the truth of God’s word.
6. Witness of others - the Word changes people’s lives.


I live my life according to the Word of God. Because of God’s Word, I am committed to stay married to my wife. Because of God’s Word, I preach the Gospel. Because of God’s Word, I love others. Because of God’s Word, I live a life of faith. Because of God’s Word, I sow seed. Because of God’s Word, I trust in the goodness of God. Because of God’s Word, I believe in healing.