1. God has a habit of being merciful. “Look upon me and be merciful to me, As Your custom is toward those who love Your name” (Psalm 119:132 NKJV).
2. Daniel had a habit of praying 3 times every day (Dan 6:10). He continued this habit even when it put his life in danger. “Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days” (Daniel 6:10 NKJV).
3. Jesus had a habit of going to the synagogue on the Sabbath. “So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read” (Luke 4:16 NKJV).
4. Jesus made a habit of spending time with His Father. “And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there” (Matthew 14:23 NKJV).
5. Paul warned against those who form bad habits. “Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also busybodies who talk nonsense, saying things they ought not to” (1 Timothy 5:13 NIV).
6. The writer of Hebrews told us to form good habits, like going to church.“not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25 NIV).